The Zodiac is divided into 12 segments, or houses. Each house is associated with a set of traits. At the time of your birth, the planets were all in specific signs and houses. Your birth chart is interpreted by an astrologer and is dependent on the placement of each planet in each sign and house to map the gifts or even obstacles you will face in this lifetime.
Each house is ruled by a different sign and has its own traits:
- First house represents your personality. It covers the impressions, the self and appearance, leadership, new initiatives, fresh starts and beginnings. It is ruled by Aries.
- Second house represents your possessions. It covers all matters related to your immediate material and physical environment such as taste, smells, sound, touch, and sights. It also covers income and money. It is ruled by Taurus.
- Third house represents all forms of communication. It covers talking, thinking, and devices as well as siblings, neighborhoods, local travel, libraries, schools, and community affairs. It is ruled by Gemini.
- Fourth house represents the foundation of your social values. It covers your home, privacy, security, parents, children, and your own nurturing abilities. It is ruled by Cancer.
- Fifth house represents your creativity. It covers self-expression, drama, creativity, color, attention, romance, fun, and play. It is ruled by Leo.
- Sixth house represents your responsible and professional life. It covers schedules, organization, routines, fitness, diet, and personal wellness. It is ruled by Virgo.
- Seventh house represents your relationships. It covers relationships with other people both business and personal at a professional level. This can cover things like contracts, marriage and business deals. It is ruled by Libra.
- Eighth house represents intimacy. It covers birth, death, sex, and bonding at the deepest level. It is ruled by Scorpio.
- Ninth house represents your long journeys. It covers international and long-distance travel, risk, adventure, philosophy, moral and ethics. It is ruled by Sagittarius.
- Tenth house represents your public image. It covers fame, achievements, awards, authority. It is ruled by Capricorn.
- Eleventh house represents friendships and service. It covers networking, rebellion, and humanitarian causes. It is ruled by Aquarius.
- Twelfth and final house represents your introspective self. It covers your unconscious and subconscious mind as well as your imagination. It is ruled by Pisces.
The houses are placed in a way to match the elliptical orbit of the planets to properly and it is dependent on your location as we all can have different perspectives of the sky due to the spherical nature of the globe.
If you're curious about your birth chart to see a detailed explanation of your forthcoming or even shortcoming, check out Cafe Astrology's site: https://astro.cafeastrology.com/natal.php
Comment below on what is forseen in your future from your birth chart analysis!